Friday, August 06, 2004

My first blog

It's my first blog. Wow! Does this date go up there like my wedding day and the birth of my first child? Okay, maybe not.

First off, no, I don't have any children yet. My husband and I are just not financially ready, not to mention we don't have medical insurance right now. People keep saying "Oh, you'll NEVER be financially ready." Yeah, well...when I'm the one making more money than my husband, and I want to be a stay-at-home mom. Some things are going to have to change, and actually, it seems to be looking up. We wanted to have a child before we turned 30. For my husband, that gives us till December '05. Stay tuned! *heh*

Oh...well. My name is Sara, I'm 28 right now. I'll have been married for 6 years this Sunday. Eek. Right now I'm living in Omaha, Nebraska, and we're looking to move to Lincoln in the very near future. I'm originally from the Chicagoland area. Nobody has heard of Mokena, Illinois, so I just always say I'm from the Chicago area. Husband works for a radio station down in Lincoln doing the overnights. Hence why we're looking to move to Lincoln. More details about that whole deal in a later blog. Right now, I'm working in a temporary position in the information systems department at a health system in the Omaha area. Well...perma-temp is what I call it. I started the job the week before Thanksgiving '03, and I'm still there. They just keep extending and extending and extending. Not that I mind. I like the people I work with, I like the work I'm doing. But, I'm slightly stuck. Again, another day, another blog about that.

So, that's me for now. Hopefully I'll keep this up more often than not. Hope you all have a great weekend and enjoy the last couple of weeks of "summer".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home