Tuesday, May 23, 2006

29.1

Just how gorgeous was yesterday? Lower 80's, sunny. One of my babysitting "charges" wanted to go swimming, so I just sat out on the pool deck, reading a book. A wonderful mixed aroma of flowers and someone firing up the grill for a barbecue in the air. (I'm pretty sure I wasn't smelling the steakhouse across the street about a half a mile away) The water in the pool was still pretty cold...I dipped in a toe...but he still had fun. It's supposed to be 95 on Saturday! Holy smokes. But, you'll hear around here that people would rather have heat than rain on Memorial Day weekend. A nice start to the summer if you ask me.

Sooo...tomorrow is "the" day. Run away! ;) The monthly birthday luncheon was held today for the IS department at work. The head guy over the department pays for a luncheon every month, and invites anyone that has a birthday that month. Sometimes you get people that weren't able to attend the month their birthday was actually in. Turns out I share my birthday with said head guy. I really should call him the CIO, Chief Information Officer, which is what he really is. All we had was pizza and salad and breadsticks, but it was still pretty good. And hey, it was free. But as for tomorrow, nothing exciting planned. At least, that I know of. My husband is scheduled to work tomorrow night since he's taking a chunk of the weekend off. I plan on plopping myself down in front of the TV at 8 and watching the season finale of "Lost". My parents are coming in this weekend, too. Something's up, though. My husband having a "secret" conversation with a friend after softball. He just shooed me away by handing me his cleats and glove and saying "Hey, can you put these in the car? I need to talk to Brad." Uh huh...yeah. Then, I was at my best friend's house last night, making sure I got her son to bed. He wanted to get online, so I went to type in her password. As I looked down at her desk, there was a small piece of paper with my parent's e-mail address written on it. Yeah, nothing's up! I'm just playing dumb. I'll tell Carol to be more careful next time.

Maybe tomorrow, if I get a chance, I'll espouse upon the joys of getting older. Better yet, the joys of having more "old" moments.

And, just as an informational tidbit! I'm re-discovering the joys of listening to Chris Rice and Steven Curtis Chapman. Kind of cool how lyrics get engrained into your mind. Haven't heard some songs in a very long time, yet I can still sing them like I just heard them yesterday.

So...good-bye 20's! You were a pretty decent decade for me. I learned a whole lot about life and about myself in 10 years. Here's to another 10. And again, I thank you.

1 Comments:

At 6:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

29.1. Whatever. Embrace it Sara. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home