Sunday, May 07, 2006

The "Clock"

First off, I said it before, and I'll say it again. I need to post more! Since the last time I posted, I've been on-call twice for work. (This entails me carrying my beeper at all times for a week and being paged at any time that I'm needed...including 2:48 AM) I'll say this...the second time was a lot easier than the first time. But I digress...

This post is more to speak about the sometimes loud *bink...BINK...bink...BINK* in my head. (Imagine the timer from the TV show "24") Yes, I do believe it's my biological clock. I am now...wait, it's WAY after midnight...I am now 17 days away from my 30th birthday. Let me explain. Towards the end of last summer, we found out that friends of my husband and me were expecting their first baby. Awesome! (Healthy baby boy was born 4/23, in fact) Middle of September, we find out my husband's cousin and his new wife are expecting. That was quick, since they only got married August 6th. :) Double coolness. Beginning of March of this year, find out that my sister-in-law is expecting with their second. Woo hoo! Another niece or nephew for me to spoil! The day after I return from aforementioned cousin's wife's baby shower, I find out that one of my best friends is pregnant. This is probably the coolest news since they'd been trying for a long time, and the talk between her and her husband had begun to be "If we have kids..." and not "When we have kids..."

So, needless to say, I'm starting to feel the natural pressure of having kids. It is, I believe, unwise of me to want to have kids just because everybody else around me does. Some logic in my brain, though, is saying that I'm not getting any younger. By the time my mom turned 30, I was almost 8 months old. Maybe it's that I feel like everyone else is moving on with their life, and I've kind of been stuck for the past three to four years. Am I not supposed to have kids? I don't want to think about that...but it's there.

The brain is tired...and so are the eyes. It's definitely time for me to get myself to bed. Until next time...hopefully sooner than three or four months...

1 Comments:

At 4:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heh. Yeah, life DOES move fast, doesn't it? 30. Bwahahahahaha. Beat ya there sis. Been there, done that...and survived it. Good to read you updated your blog! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home